- Science & Environment
- Solar Energy Resources
Pocatello Solar Energy Resources
Last Content Update:
After signing a Clean Energy Resolution in 2019 (PDF), affirming the City of Pocatello’s interest in being an eco-friendly city focused on clean energy use, staff have taken steps to put environmentally friendly efforts in the spotlight. What has the City accomplished?
- Created an Energy Task Force as identified in the Resolution. The members of the task force include:
|Matt Stucki||Key Account Energy Advisor||Idaho Power|
|Nathan Murray||Economic and Community Development||Idaho Power|
|Rituraj "Raj" Yadav||Geographic Information Systems Technician II||MasTec|
|Mike Neville||Street Operations Supervisor||City of Pocatello|
|Hannah Sanger||Science and Environment Administrator||City of Pocatello|
|Kerri Farnsworth||Street Operations Administrative Systems Manager||City of Pocatello|
|Tom Kirkman||Public Works Deputy Director||City of Pocatello|
|Levi Adams||Water Pollution Control Superintendent||City of Pocatello|
|Jeff Mansfield||Public Works Director||City of Pocatello|
|Jennifer Flynn||Public Works Executive Assistant||City of Pocatello|
- Raised awareness throughout City departments about Idaho Power incentive programs and the benefits of making improvements to save energy.
- City Hall continues to make LED updates as resources allow
- Airport upgraded their HVAC system
- Public Works Annex continues to upgrade lighting fixtures at their facility as well as in street lights and traffic lights as resources allow
- Engineering plans an LED lighting upgrade for the Center Street Underpass
- Facilitated two companies that conducted an energy audit of City facilities. The energy audit gave City officials a sense of the energy costs expended for City buildings and where to focus efforts for future energy savings. Find more information on iConergy’s report (PDF).
- Pursuing the SolSmart silver designation to improve access to solar energy through the permitting process. To see some results of the SolSmart accreditation process, access our new Solar Permit Application.
- Provided clarification to staff, citizens, and elected officials that Accessory Use Solar Photovoltaics (PV) is allowed by right in all zones (PDF).
- Embracing and supporting Idaho Power’s goal of providing clean electricity by 2045.