- Election Date: November 7, 2023
- Positions Up for Election: City Council Seats 1, 2, and 3
City Candidate Filing Dates
Candidates for council get their name on the ballot by filing a Declaration of Candidacy indicating the office for which they are running, the term of the office, and confirming that they are qualified to hold the office, meaning they are:
- At least 18 years of age,
- A U.S. citizen,
- The candidate’s primary residence must be within the city,
- The address of the candidate’s voter registration must match the residence address provided on the candidate’s declaration, and
- The candidate must have resided in the city for at least 30 days prior to submitting their declaration.
The Declaration of Candidacy must be accompanied by one of the following:
- A Petition of Candidacy signed by at least five qualified city electors with an attached certification from the county clerk verifying the number of valid signatures, OR
- A nonrefundable filing fee of $40.
City Candidate forms for filing are available in the Mayor's office at 911 North 7th Avenue Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, please contact Konni Kendell, City Clerk, at 208-234-6215.