- General Building Information
Pocatello General Building Information
The City of Pocatello has currently adopted the following building codes:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 Idaho State Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 Idaho Fire Code
- 2018 National Electrical Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- In addition to the codes referenced above amendments as per the 2018 Idaho Administrative Code apply.
If you have questions about these codes or general questions about permits contact us at 208-234-6158.
Once you have your permit and need an inspection call the inspection line answering machine at 208-234-6275. If a morning inspection is desired call the inspection line before 7:30 a.m. If an afternoon inspection is desired call before 1 p.m. When calling give the type of inspection is needed, permit number, property address, and time of inspection. If a Certificate of Occupancy is needed, please give at least 24-hours notice. If further assistance is needed call the office at 208-234-6158.
General Design Specifications
|Roof Snow Load
|Ground Snow Load
||115 MPH per 3 sec gusts
|Degree Heating Days
|Seismic Zone to be Designed For
||Longitude - 112.60 W
Latitude - 42.92 N
|Fence Construction Guidelines
||Municipal Code Chapter 15.28
The US Environmental Protection Agency requires that renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in pre-1978 homes, childcare facilities, and schools must be performed by an EPA Certified Renovator working for an EPA Certified Firm and specific work practices must be implemented to prevent lead contamination. More information is available at 1-800-424-LEAD  or https://www.epa.gov/lead.
Permits and Erosion & Sediment Control Plans
- City of Pocatello Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Permit
- eNOI Submittal – Website for submitting your Notice of Intent
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Construction General Permit (CGP)
- Guidance for Erosion and Sediment Control Plans (PDF)
- Guidance on Filing Your NOI (PDF)
- Information on Developing your Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan