The Pocatello Animal Shelter has a volunteer program, including community service hour opportunities, for volunteers of all ages. Volunteers ensure our animals receive the care and human interaction they need. We need you!
Adult (16+) Volunteer and Community Service (any age) Opportunities
- Working with animals on site
- Bathing and grooming animals
- Cleaning kennels and performing general kennel duties
- Greeting and guiding patrons through the animal shelter
- Helping with tasks in the front office
- Assisting with fundraising and outreach events
- Working on projects from home
- Collecting or donating needed supplies to the shelter
For more information, please contact us.
Apply to be a volunteer or to perform community service hours by completing our online volunteer and community service application.
Active volunteers can sign up for shifts, projects, and events by accessing our volunteer portal.
- Refer to our Wish List to organize a supply drive for shelter animals.
- Organize a fundraiser such as a bake sale, paper paw tag sale, car wash, lemonade stand, or penny drive. You could also sell homemade items like jewelry.
- Collect pet food for the shelter animals using our Pet Food Drive Starter Kit (PDF):
- Wet Food: Paté cat and dog canned food is best.
- Dry Food: Science Diet
Teachers, students, and youth groups may request educational shelter tours of our facilities or off-site presentations made at their schools or programs. Thank you for shining a light on the animals at the Pocatello Animal Shelter.